That's the whole problem Bill - where do you find them anymore?

Also, with VW, I'm sure they were trying to carry "x" amount of weight and
the Beetle just couldn't handle that kind of weight.  Admittedly, even the
factory upgraded the reduction box nuts from 36mm to 42mm.

I'm talking a light duty truck that would carry a few sheets of plywood,
lumber, a VW engine, etc.  We're talking hauling capacity that would more
than likely be around the 500 pound mark as in having 2 big guys in the back
seat.  Of course, the weight of the conversion would detract.

I love dreaming and I think it would be pretty darn neat to try...   If I
do, it'll only be with something that is already rusted out...

Erin