NQ,

Basically what I did was buy the dual port end pieces, fuel rails and
carefully sized injectors from CB.  At that point, you can take almost any
old center section and massage it around to fit your throttle body of
choice...

The thing that seems important is to try to stick with the
original megasquirt spec sensors.  If you use them, it just
takes a lot of "finagling" out of your setup.

I did end up using a late bus fi pump and filter mounted at the rear
and a bus fuel pressure regulator mounted near the #3 cylinder bulkhead
which then feeds back to the tank tee via the original fuel line.

I have run my bug in 100+ degree temps and have never had a problem
restarting.  I *did* however rework the tee so that it was larger
then the original ~1/4".  I have a new tank to install so will get
a buddy of mine to braze in a new fitting for a proper return.

One warning.....I did have to install a RF "filter" on the power going to
the computer as it was doing a lot of resets from the alternator
noise....even with a new alternator.  Also, if I unhook my serial cable
from my laptop and just leave it hanging, I get the same thing after it
all warms up.  Unpluging it from the MS computer removes the problem.

The EDIS replacement is not about the distributor specifically, but all
the slop from old gears feeding it.   It will junp around 4 or 5 degrees
while trying to time it.  Look at AJ sims site where he discusses it.

The other part of EDIS is that *I* want control of timing.  After watching
what modern cars do at various engine loads with timing, I am certain I
can get about 2-3 more MPG out of my engine and make it run better cooler
as well.  Right now, I am at about 23-24mpg back and forth to work(50
miles round trip) as long as I can stay out of the turbo(at 10 psi).

NQ, I know the parts from CB are expensive, but they make a lot of things
way easier cause they were designed to fit a vw engine.

Cheers, dave