Bert,

Part number for the new Bosch part please?

Also, Let's think through your description of how this really works.
From you explanation of the original relay wiring that has only 4
terminals, I am not sure that it works the way you think it does.

On the original:

51 is the feed providing charging power to either of the two batteries(or could it only be both at the same time!)

61 is ground when the generator is off(I am pretty sure)
        and provides a small positive comparison voltage
        when the car is charging(red light on or off comparison
        to the battery charging state).
I am going to guess that when the charging system was "off" that
you could pull the equipment battery all the way down and it would charge up after you restarted...andthat was about it.

On the other hand...I have never owned one ofthese of a bus with the dual battery and don't know how it worked in a late model bus. My bet is that both batteries got the same charging current after the engine was started, but the equipment battery would give it's all and then that would be that till you restarted the car.

Do you have a type2 manual with the same relay described in it? Seems kinda weird that VW(or Bosch) would use different devices to do the same thing for VW.

Send the part number!  Bet I can find a reference diagram.

Cheers, dave