If you find lots of metal inside your case, you’ll need to remove the oil
galley plugs to get a proper thorough cleaning.  There are some dead ends that
can collect metal particles that could later loosen under heat and pressure and
go directly into the bearings.   BTDT.  Not worth having  to do the job all
over again.

Mike B

Sent from my iPhone