From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nancy M
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:20 PM
To: VIPhone
Subject: More product data, lower cost for Digit-Eyes

Many of our users have asked for more data about products -- content,
preparation instructions, etc.

We are delighted to announce several changes in Digit-Eyes:
a)  After a successful scan, Digit-Eyes will now display the extended
information about the product. Depending on what the manufacturer discloses,
this may include ingredients, preparation instructions and more.
Furthermore, you still have the ability to search Google with a single click
or to access price comparison engines with one click.
b)  The product can now be purchased as separate elements.   If you
only want to read code 3-of-9 inventory labels, the cost is just
$1.99.   If you want to create and record audio labels (washable or
printed), the cost is $9.99.   If you want just the UPC / EAN feature,
that is $9.99 as well.
c)  The price of the entire product suite is reduced to $19.99 for all
features.

If you already own the product, the upgrade to include extended information
is free.

We've also added the ability to use the "shake" gesture to start and stop
recording and added an option to fast forward through a recording.

Is this useful?   Not all of the 26 million items in the database have
extended information, but many do and the database grows daily!

Using the "more information" feature to scan our favorite object in the lab
pool (a can of spam), we were able to find that the Spam is supposed to be
cut into six slices.  Each slice has 180 calories, 140 of which are from
fat.  The instructions from the folks at Hormel,
however, seem a little incomplete.   Their preparation instructions
recommend frying the Spam, but don't say at what point in the process you
should contact your cardiologist.  At any rate, it is nice that you can now
find all this out with a single click after scanning with Digit-Eyes.