Ever think of bringing a small AM radio?  Guess that's too low tech, but it
works.
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Eric SS
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 6:08 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Horrible Experience with MLB At Bat

Not strictly access related, but I went to a pro ball game yesterday in
Cincinnati. This didn't occur to me beforehand, but when I tuned in the San
Francisco feed, the lag was almost 75 seconds. This was on 3G. They did not
have WIFI in the park.

Okay, I guess there is a lot going on there, so I can't fault the app too
much. So, I switched to the Cincinnati radio broadcast. And, for a baseball
game, they kept the 7-second delay in place. Real smart! What, they don't
trust their broadcasters or sponsors not to say poo-poo on air?

After a play, I waited the 7 seconds for the description, but that was
drowned out by the PA system with the next batter, etc.

Sheesh!

So, if you plan to enjoy a game at a ballpark, you may want to decide just
to enjoy sitting in uncomfortable seats in heat or cold or wet with very
loud people very apt to spill on you. It can be a wonderful experience!

Eric