Hi, I'm on Win 7. I'll have to try that Wikipedia page out. It bugs me that
I once had a lead on a product that was supposed to be accessible for more
than just media, but I didn't pay attention at the time as I didn't have an
iDevice.--Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 5:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: iTunes Alternatives

Previously I went looking for a good media manager, and several of them
claimed to support the iPod. I didn't have an iPhone at the time, so I
didn't care about that particular feature. You don't say what OS or screen
reader you're using, so I'll assume you're talking about Windows.

Winamp and FooBar are both accessible and have iPod support either built in
or as a plug in. A page with links to more information is at
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/29716/heres-five-alternatives-to-itunes-10-fo
r-easily-managing-your-ipod/

Media Monkey and Songbird also claim to support the iPod, and I had some
success with them with respect to accessibility, although at the time, I
wouldn't call either of them accessible. Songbird has been changing rapidly,
so it might be worth taking a look at again.

A more comprehensive list of iTunes alternatives, some of which may be
accessible, can be found at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_iPod_managers

On Linux, I see that RhythmBox, Banshee, Clementine and Amarok all have some
level of iPod support, and I know RhythmBox is accessible.

I haven't heard any of these alternatives discussed on list yet though, so
if you give any of them a try, I'd be curious to know how you get a long. I
suppose I may try RhythmBox at some point, but I'm pretty much trying to
rely on the cloud for now.

Another option is to use the cloud. I use Ubuntu One for example, which has
a Ubuntu, Windows, IOS and Android client. I don't think there's a Mac
client though, at least not yet.

On 21/05/12 15:42, Alex Stone wrote:
> As far as I know there isn't an Itunes alternative, let alone an 
> accessible one.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Alex
> 
>  
> 
> *From:*[email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] *On 
> Behalf Of *Joe
> *Sent:* 21 May 2012 21:35
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* iTunes Alternatives
> 
>  
> 
> Hi, can someone recommend some accessible iTunes alternatives for the 
> PC? I'm interested in a means to transfer music, files, ringtones, etc.
> without going through iTunes, if that's possible. Thanks so much in 
> advance.--Joe
> 
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone"
> Google Group.
> To search the VIPhone public archive, visit 
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
> 
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone"
> Google Group.
> To search the VIPhone public archive, visit 
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.


--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google
Group.
To search the VIPhone public archive, visit
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google 
Group.
To search the VIPhone public archive, visit 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.

Reply via email to