You might be referring to my app, Ringtones Uncensored.  Just search
for that.  There are free versions with a subset of the 40+ voices.
You can have ringtones that say anything you want in dozens of voices
with 200 intro sound effects to get your attention.

Yes, it's accessible.  I've had several folks here give me feedback,
and I was just at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference this past
week and I met with their experts.

You still need to use iTunes to transfer files, but thanks to iCloud,
that can be much easier.  You just open the ringtones in iTunes and
usually within minutes they show up on the phone.

---todd