it's because you have to hide your keypad in order to see the prompt
to enter the numbers after the semicolon. Without hiding your keypad,
you will not see this prompt. The prompt can then be found at the
lower right of your phone. HTH, Sharonda

On 6/22/12, Christina <blindmaclo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks so much.  I am doing something wrong though.  I am not getting a
> prompt to double tap or anything.  In my contacts, I entered the complete
> number followed by a comma, then a one, then a semicolon, then my string of
> numbers.  I did not insert any spaces.  When I try to make the phone call,
> the call is connected, there is a pause, then the iPhone dials one and then
> I get nothing after that.  I tried a one finger double tap in the middle of
> the screen but nothing seems to happen.
>
> Thanks for any further tips, I appreciate it.
>
> Christina
> On Jun 21, 2012, at 8:54 PM, Thom wrote:
>
>> A comma will pause for a second or so, then play the next tones. A
>> semicolon
>> will stop and prompt the user to double tap when you want the next set of
>> numbers to go through.

Sharonda Greenlaw
President (Phoenix Chapter)
National Federation of the Blind
Come, read and take a journey with me at
www.WorldOfShariG.blogspot.com
or find me here:
http:\\shari_greenlaw.livejournal.com
Skype: sharonda2004
Twitter: shari_rocks
Facebook: facebook.com/TheSharondaWhiteGreenlaw