Rose, there is a help file on the Audible site associated with the
iPhone and iPod app, and it says deleting a book can be accomplished
by a left-to-right swiping gesture to focus on the title and bring up
the "delete" button.  I have no idea if this gesture has a VoiceOver
equivalent as I have not yet downloaded the app.

Craig