Hi Robin. To activate Alex, go to settings, general, accessibility, Voiceover,
speech and under language, select your default dialect. Once there, you can
download and activate Alex. Once he is downloaded and activated, turn on and
off Voiceover and he should be there. HTH.

Shawn
Sent From My White MacBook