I'll post on list.
1. On the home screen double tap settings.
2. Double tap general.
3. Double tap accessibility.
4. Double tap VoiceOver.
5. Double tap speech.
6. Double tap default dialect.
7. In the English U.S. heading, double tap Alex.
He should begin downloading. Once downloaded he should start talking. If he doesn't and you hear Samantha instead, restart VoiceOver.