You do not have to turn off find my phone to do an encrypted backup.

On 4/19/2015 11:51 AM, Harry Bell wrote:
If you intend to use the iTunes backup to restore from ( perhaps set up new phone) turning off Find My Phone is essential. I am unclear whether you have to turn the feature off before you do the backup - anyone more experienced out there know the answer? Harry