If you are trying to put direct input on, it is dot 6 not dot 3.
If you only paid $29.99 you don't have full keyboard I bought mBraille at
$29.99 when it first came out and then finally paid $14.99 to get both Dropbox
and third party keyboard support.
It works great on messages, mail, and pretty much everywhere else I have tried
it. At least as long as I switch back to the standard keyboard with a three
finger swipe right when I am done. Things are a bit odd if I just dismiss the
keyboard with the three finger swipe left.
Richard