Training to a dog whistle could have mileage too;  certainly better than
calling into the great beyond if he's already behind You!
----- Original Message -----
From: "'Sandratomkins' via VIPhone" <viphone@googlegroups.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2015 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: Finding my Puppy!

Hi Sharonda,

    Thanks for taking the time to respond. I should say that my land is pretty
well inclosed and fenced. lupin is 5 and a half
months old and has been with us for 6 weeks and does know when he is being
called, but with all those distractions, twigs/stones and
pussy-cats, he is often forgetful. I have always had dogs, mainly, guide dogs,
who were, de facto, trained before they came to me,
so this is a new departure for me, though, I am no new dog handler. I do find,
and this is true of working with a trained dog as
well, that knowing the direction of the dog helps, immensely, when recalling
one's dog. Thus, I am looking for an app and I do seem
to remember that such a one exists.

    By the way, I do already have a retractable leash, but have found it
problematical as Lupin is great at Macrame! He can knit his
way around the trees etc and we then have a great time untangling him!

     Thanks again from me and from him!

Sent from my iPhone

at http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/.