I have a 16G 4S, and I find it runs just fine. I did get an iPhone 5 from my employer recently, and I will say, that it is snappier than my 4S. It's gotten me thinking about what I may be missing with the newer iPhones and wondering if I should get a new phone now or wait and see how IOS 9 behaves on my 4S.

On 07/25/2015 11:48 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Sounds like maybe a lack of space especially if you can' upgrade. Have you force quit all 
apps in the app switcher and rebooted? A "Reset all network Settings" in 
Settings, General, Reset may even help more, but make sure you close all apps first and 
remember you will have to reconnect to your WiFi after this and require your WiFi 
password. As for the 4S, even iOS 9 will be supported and I doubt your issues are related 
to compatibility problems. To me it sounds like iOS 9 in the end may even run better on a 
4S than 8.x is since Apple is doing a lot to streamline iOS and many apps will have 
versions which are optimized for specific phones although you won't have to select this 
manually, it will automatically happen. The 4S is almost 4 years old so I don't say 
upgrading would be a bad thing and in fact I think you would enjoy the speed, improved 
battery life and features of a new phone, but as long as your 4S has no major hardware 
issues it should still work fine.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
[email protected]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:36 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: An interesting delimma with my phone

Hi Patty, I would try restarting the phone, and possibly reseting it.  My
partner Aimee has a 16 gig 4S, and it works just fine.  You should have
no problem upgrading to IOS8.4.

Have a good one:
John


John Jacques
Amateur Radio Station: KD8PC
"Whare Cat Is, Is civilization!"
Robert A Heinlein
http://www.johnjacques.weebly.com

____________________________________________________________
Want to place your ad here?
Advertise on United Online
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/55b10a1892e27a1837b2st04duc


--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail

--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All 
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to