Hi Carol,

A couple of silly questions but they need to be asked.  How are you holding
your phone? Could you perhaps have one of your fingers in front of the camera?

How high are you holding the phone? Are you holding it too high perhaps or way
too low?  I had problems in the beginning with trying to hold the phone too
high.

Also, in my experience, I had a few friends who got into batch mode by mistake
and didn’t realize that they had digitized several pages into a batch mode only
ready and waiting to be recognized.

Also, check what mode your flash is in.  I have had lots of problems with the
automatic mode because my apartment is not very bright and the automatic failed
me miserably.  Make sure your flash is on to avoid the possibility that you
don’t have enough light. If all else fails, I would remove the app and download
it again.  Of course, you will not be charged again.

Good luck

Best

Ron & Danvers