Naa, your kidding right? :) Yes, the U.S. market is still pretty backward in
many ways. I may be all wrong on this, but I think part of it has to do with
the fact that the carriers operate on different technologies, at least the
three largest carriers. I think as the playing field becomes more level the
offerings and restrictions will change. In other words as customers gain more
flexibility they gain more power and the carriers will have to work to keep and
gain customers. For now the technological differences between GSM, CDMA, and
even the differences between these two technologies helps the carriers. Then
again what do I know.