Fantastical does get information from more than one app, like it will also
bring in your reminders, so you will be able to see everything in one app
rather than having to look in multiple apps.
But you can also control what information Fantastical displays in the settings,
so be sure to go into the settings and set things up like you want them.

Fantastical integrates itself with your calendar app, so no matter how you add
something to your calendar, it will end up in both your calendar as well as
Fantastical.  The good thing about Fantastical being integrated with your
calendar is that it allows you to use Siri to add something to your calendar,
and then it will show up in Fantastical.  The same thing will be for your
reminders if you choose to use Fantastical for them.
So you have multiple ways of adding something to your calendar.  You can use
your actual calendar, use Fantastical, or Siri.

Hope this helps,

Chris