Does it keep the headings in tact for you?
I get thousands of page breaks and no headings when I convert xml files to epub.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Davert" <scottslistm...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: converting files to ePub for reading on iDevices?

Right, you have to open the xml with a web browser, copy the text to
the clipboard, and then press alt f to get in to the file menu and
choose create new from clipboard. The shortcut keys for various things
don't seem to work, but you can access the menu structure  through the
one that does work, alt f. Then, Just hit alt f again, and go to save
as and enter the book name followed by the .epub extention. Also,
since iBooks indexes books based on the information you can edit in
this program, you need to set the title and author accordingly. Do so
by pressing alt V, and then arrowing down to book info. You can
backspace out the title of unknown and enter whatever you want. Also
note that the next field you get to when tabbing will say "genre" but
it's mislabled. It's actually the author.
After saving the file where ever you want, copy it to Dropbox, open
Dropbox app on phone, find file, open file, and then go down to the
lower right corner of the screen on your iDevice and double tap the
export button. Choose to export to iBooks, and then wait. Once the
export process has completed, the file will be in your iBooks library
and iBooks will open the file for reading.

Hope this helps,
Scott