HI Russ.
While using this program does create some odd text in the file, it
doesn't seem to be present when exported to iBooks. After this program
was suggested, I looked it up on AppleVis, and there's a step by step
guide on how to do this.
http://applevis.com/guides/reading-bookshare-daisy-books-ibooks

Scott