This is exactly what I have, the third generation Apple TV.
As I recall, when I was watching a program on Netflix on the third generation Apple TV, while the show was playing, I just held down the select button, and a menu popped up with selections for languages, among which was audio description. After selecting that, all Netflix shows with audio description played the audio description track automatically for all of the shows with no further intervention.

-----Original Message----- From: Terri Stimmel
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:52 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Questions regarding audio description and Netflix

Hi once more,

Ok, I can get described stuff in Netflix, on my phone. I have a 3rd generation Apple TV. So there is no wheel I know of.
Maybe this is on the newer models?

So are you saying that I also have to go in to Netflix, on the TV, and turn it on in there, as well?
If so, that would make some sense.

Thank you,

Terri

Sent from my iPhone