I'm not sure I understand the question. With a locked phone, you can
only text, call and use cellular data through the carrier the phone is
locked to. This wouldn't apply to wifi data though. I'm not too familiar
with T-Mobile, but I assume they also sell locked phones at a discounted
price when you subscribe to one of their plans. I didn't think T-Mobile
offered the iPhone yet though.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail