Yes, that KNFB Reader update does use the Volume Buttons to take a picture. I tested this out the other day with someone who had been having trouble keeping the device steady while double tapping on the screen. It worked very nicely. He was an older gentleman, with arthritic shaky hands, who is new to using the iPhone. He also appreciated the idea of scanning, particularly multiple pages, with Fopydo Scanning Stand and a Bluetooth keyboard as an option.

I'd actually been hoping the app developers would think of physically clicking instead of double tapping one of these days. Someone was reading my mind I guess. Ha Ha.

Sue B.