From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Donna
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 8:01 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Messages... adding an effect?

This was posted to another group. Sharing because I thought that others would
find the info helpful.

 A Guide to iMessage in iOS 10   Recently updated !
This entry was posted by Jessica

Apple crammed loads of new features into iMessage in iOS 10, which add a lot of
additional functionality, making the app more fun and social. However, learning
what all the new features are and how they work may be difficult for some
users. We hope this post will help you understand the new features, and have
you using them (or avoiding them) like a pro within minutes.
Look and Feel

First of all, the look of iMessage is a little bit different. You now have
photos of contacts at the top of each conversation thread. This is true for
individual iMessage conversations, and for groups. The back button is still at
the top, and the “more info” button is at the top right. At the bottom of the
screen, the “Send” button and text field have been made smaller to make room
for three buttons. Note: Although the send button still functions as it always
has, it is smaller in size, and it is now an up arrow instead of the word send.
This means it is a bit harder to find for VoiceOver users, and may confuse some
low vision users. The three buttons to the left of the text field are: “Attach
Media, Digital Touch, and Messaging apps.
More Info Screen

The “more info” button, which replaces iOS 9’s “details” button will take you
to a screen that is similar in some ways, but there are some things to note. On
this screen, you can now toggle read receipts for individual conversations, and
you can sort attachments if you are looking for a particular image or link. As
always, this is also where you can see the location of people in a group or
conversation, contact a person you are talking to, add someone to your
contacts, add a contact to the conversation, and rename the conversation. To
return to the iMessage conversation, simply tap “Done” in the top right-hand
corner.
Media Attachments

Attaching photos and videos is now done with the “attach media” button at the
bottom of any iMessage thread. Tapping on this button will bring you to a
screen containing your photos and videos, and allow you to take a new photo or
video. Once you have chosen an image or video, you can add effects, draw, and
more.
Digital Touch

The second button is a “Digital Touch” button. Here you can send a heart beat,
or a quick doodle to a friend. It does seem accessible if you would like to try
it out. Additionally, if you would like to handwrite a message, to make it more
personal, you can do so by switching to landscape in your iMessage thread. Note
for VoiceOver users: there are some text snippets available, which you can
easily add to any conversation.
iMessage Apps

The third button to the left of the text field is “Messaging apps..” We will
have more about this section in the future, but here you will find anything
from stickers, to games, to collaboration tools, and much more. Some
interesting examples of iMessage apps include an app that allows you to
collaborate on a food order with friends, and an app that allows you to quickly
and securely send money. It will be very exciting to see what developers do
with iMessage apps in the future.
Reactions

Most of the time, you will want to quickly send a message to someone, and that
still works as it always has. In fact, if you are really in a hurry, but want
to let someone know you received their message, you can do so with iMessage
reactions. Simply tap and hold on a message, and you will be given the option
to Love, Like, Dislike, Laugh, emphasize, or Question it. This is also where
you can copy a message, or tap more to forward or delete it. If you are using
VoiceOver, rotate to “Actions” in the rotor and flick down to “react.” Double
tap, and you will be presented with the same screen described above.
Emoji Substitutions

Once you’ve entered text in the iMessage field, you can easily replace words
with emoji, and there are even emoji in the text predictions bar above the
keyboard. To replace words with emoji after you’ve entered text, tap on the
“Next Keyboard” button until you find the emoji keyboard. Now, any words that
can be replaced with emoji will be highlighted. If you tap on a word, you will
then have options to choose from. For VoiceOver users, tap on the text field.
VoiceOver should say “Emoji substitutions available.” Rotate to “Emoji” in the
rotor, and flick down until you find the word you want to replace. Double tap,
and you will be presented with the options available for emoji replacement. If
there is only one emoji suggested, it will automatically be inserted for you
when you tap on a word..
iMessage Effects

Lastly, you can send any message with an effect. This includes “bubble effects”
that change how the message itself appears, and “screen effects” that include
full screen animations. Note: If you have “Reduce Motion” turned on in
accessibility settings, you cannot use iMessage Effects.

To Use Bubble Effects:

    Type your message.
    3D Touch or tap and hold (double tap and hold for VoiceOver users) on the
send button.
    Select “Bubble” at the top of this screen.
    On the right-hand side, choose the button next to the effect you wish to
use. The options are: Invisible Ink, Gentle, Loud, or Slam. You can also cancel
the effect if you change your mind.
    Tap the send button next to the effect you chose.

To use full screen effects:

    Type your message.
    3D touch or tap and hold (double tap and hold for VoiceOver users) on the
send button.
    Choose “Screen at the top of this screen.
    Swipe from right to left (three-finger flick for VoiceOver users) to choose
the effect you want. You can choose between Balloons, Confetti, Lasers,
Fireworks, or Shooting Star.
    Tap the send button next to your message, or the close button if you change
your mind.

…and that’s it! That’s how you use iMessage in iOS 10! We know it is a lot to
take in, so feel free to refer to this post whenever you need to, or reach out
to us on twitter @iAccessibility1 for assistance. Please share this post to
help others.

Donna

Hi!

Just to eliminate some doubts.

I have 6S Plus with 3D Touch enabled and I'm not able to send effects.

Friend of mine has an oldie 5S and she is doing it. She tried to explain the
procedure but I can't reproduce it. Can someone from here who is able to do
this explain the procedure step by step?

Thanks!

S poštovanjem
 <mailto://gordan.ra...@gmail.com> Gordan Radić

 <http://www.nemoviz.org> <nemoviz_animated.gif>