I pre-ordered at midnight west coast time on Friday morning. I used the Apple
Store app to order my new black and slate 64 gig iPhone 5, and it was actually
really cool. The app knew I was using the Verizon iPhone, and it walked me
through determining upgrade  eligibility before I placed the order. In spite of
my credit card company  trying to say the purchase was fraudulent and holding
up the payment process (I don't typically use that card for big purchases) it
should still arrive on Friday, the 21st.
Allison