From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Michael Maslo
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2016 1:03 PM
To: Viphone <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: OT my experience with spectrum re accessibility

Welp spectrum is headed to my house. I will see what I get.

This
<https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id922793622?pt=814382&mt=8&ct=how_i_email>
  is how I Email now

On Dec 30, 2016 at 11:16, <Terri Stimmel <mailto:icecreamlove...@outlook.com> >
wrote:

Hi Michael, and list,

I received a new set top box. Apparently, these are quite new, and the people
with Charter, or Spectrum, are just starting to get training about the
narrative guide. When the man came out on Tuesday, he told me that he was just
shown how it worked on Monday.

However, he was the most helpful person I have ever seen. He didn't leave until
he got a box that worked properly, and until he could show me the guide.

Apparently, some of the boxes seem to be having problems loading the guide, and
getting signals as they should.

Anyway, there is one DVR model that has the narrative guide, and one digital
box that has the narrative guide.

I am able to go through the channels. I hear what channel I am on, what show is
on at the moment, and how long it will last. There is a way to figure out what
season and episode of the show you are on.

However, even though I have done this twice now, I do it on accident. So I
never know how I did it.

I can also access the on-demand features. I can look at tv shows, or movies. I
can view by network, and even different catagories, such as family. There might
be more I can do with this. But this is what I can think of at the moment.

I can also access my DVR. So far I haven't tried to record anything. But I do
know that I am able to do this. Although, I don't know much about the DVR at
the moment. I need to play around with it more.

I do know that so far I can't search for shows or movies, and I can't access
the DVR settings. The guide does tell you this, when you go to these options.
There may be a few other things I am not able to do. But this is what I know of
at the moment.

I am really enjoying this guide. I am actually pretty impressed with it. I
honestly didn't think it would be as good as it is.

One thing I don't like, is that it kind of pauses the show, so you can hear
what the guide is saying. Now that I do like. But sometimes, it will let the
show play, but still read all the information. When this happens, I can't
always tell what the guide is saying. So I have to go up, or down to another
channel, then go back to that certain channel.

I hope this is helpful to someone. I also hope that eventually, sooner than
later, all of you will have this accessibility.

Terri