I'd say Wordbook compares quite nicely to Wordweb. For some reason, Wordweb
got harder to use for me on iOS. It's a great app and I'd be happy to learn
it was back to being fully useable.  It was great on Windows too. Wordbook
gives comparable definitions.

There have been times when Ulysses has gone on sale of been given away.
That happened quite a bit in the NANO Wrimo month which they helped
sponsor.  It certainly is a pricy app but I don't regrette my purchase. It
has met all my needs so splendidly that I may never write anything
substantial on my laptop again.

I'm very surprised that Pages isn't free on both Mac and iOS. I wonder why
that is. I do remember that it used to cost around $20 on iOS  years ago.

Agile Tortoise made an app called Drafts which might also be worth your
checking out. I don't know if it's available on Mac but I know it can tie
into Dropbox. Hope you find a writing solution which works well for you.
It's damned nice to leave my laptop behind and still be able to get
everything done on my iPHONE and a Bluetooth keyboard.
--
Michael Feir
Twitter: mfeir

Currently writing Personal Power: The iOS Edition
Regular presenter on Kelly And Company
Learn about iOS, audio dramas, podcasts and accessible games
Thursdays at 4:15 PM Eastern
Www.ami.ca/kellyco

Creator of Journeys of the Mind lectures
2015
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2015/01/journeys-of-mind-play-is-where.html?m=0

Volunteer at New Horizons Peel Multicultural Centre
www.peelmc.ca
2014

Disability advocate
Meadowvale Community Christian Reformed Church
www.meadowvalecrc.ca
2013--2014

Volunteer at The Dam
http://www.thedam.org
2011-2013
Author of Personal Power:
How Accessible Computers Can Enhance Personal Life For Blind People
2006-2008
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/personal-power.html

A Life of Word and Sound
2003-2007
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/life-of-word-and-sound.html

Creator and former editor of Audyssey Magazine 1996-2004