I have a Samsung S7, and although I wouldn't buy a phone just for the wireless charging feature, I do find it convenient. I also assume the S7 runs about the same as your latest iPhones.

On 27/02/17 00:01, Alan Lemly wrote:
Hi Sieghard,

Actually, I have an iPhone 7 and also the Belkin adapter that lets me listen
with my wired earpods and charge at the same time. I have found that I don't do
this quite as often as I used to but keeping up with the adapter and using it
as needed isn't a problem for me. And I'd be willing to bet that you'll be
paying considerably more than $40 in device cost to cover the wireless charging
when it's added. But that rumored phone is also supposed to be about 5.8 inches
in size with no home button so I'm pretty sure I won't be getting it.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 10:28 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Wireless Charging, Anyone? It's a Chicken-and-egg Problem That Can
Only Be Solved By a Fruit

Hi Alan,

You forget that the iPhone 7/7 Plus and most likely all iPhones going forward
don't have a 3.5mm headphone jack. This means that if you want to use a wired
headset you need to use the Lightning port hence you can't charge while using a
headset or vice versa. Yes, I know you can spend $40 and buy this splitter
gadget from Belkin, but who wants to do that and have another piece of cable to
bring along or more clutter.

Unfortunately there are already rumours which indicate that Apple may release a
new high-end model this year with a 5.8 inch OLED screen and that this year
only this huge super phone will get the wireless charging. I really hope this
is not so, if it is I think I'll stick with my 6S Plus for another year because
if wireless charging comes only to a high-end and high-priced iPhone this year
it will certainly come to the other phones next year. I would totally go back
to a 4.7 inch phone if battery life was better or if the phone was constantly
being charged wirelessly when I'm at home or at my office.