Lelia,

I think what you are wanting to accomplish can be done with Ariadne, which is
around $5 or $6 instead of the cost of BlindSquare or Nearby Explorer. Ariadne
will not announce streets although it can give you an approximate address, But
you can create custom points of interest easily.
Once you have created your points of interest you can bring focus to a point
and you will get a clock face tracking announcement along with the approximate
distance to the point. It does a good job of using the compass if you happen to
lose internet connectivity.

One can also use the native maps apps with tracking with heading turned on, and
this will announce major points of interest as well as street crossings.
I hope this helps.