Unless you have a 4S or a 5, you will not get turn by turn announcements.

I do not know if listed directions are supposed to automatically update as you
walk. This may be a good question for Apple accessibility.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone