Hello,

Sign up for the public beta and you may see a fix to this issue.

Thanks.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 4:00 PM matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I not only forwarded this, but have added my thoughts to them regarding
> this as well.
>
> Matthew
>

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 1:56 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:
>
> Hello List,
>

> There has been a fair bit of discussion on a change Apple has implemented
> in the Mail app whenit comes to using the rotor to delete messages. In the
> past and ever since Apple has introduced rotor actions, a marvellous
> invention, the behaviour of the rotor has been quite consistent.
>
> Usually you check your Inbox, some messages you don’t even open before you
> want to delete them, others you might read and want to delete afterwards,
> no matter what, you would normally flick up once when ona message in the
> Inbox, this would put focus on the “Delete” option and now you simply
> double tap and the message is deleted.
>
> This is the same in the Messages app, it works if you want to delete a
> Favourite in your Phone app, a recent call and you can use it in many other
> places.
>
> After the message or whatever you are deleting has been deleted, for years
> the normal behaviour was that “Activate” has focus again. This of course
> makes sense because if you flick through the available options, “Activate”
> also tells you that it is the default option so of course you would expect
> that whatever you do focus returns to it so after you delete a message and
> if you now want to read the next message all you have to do is double tap
> and it opens up.
>
> Now in IOS 11 Apple has decided that in the Mail app only the rotor should
> behave differently. Mind you if you go to your Inbox and flick through the
> available rotor options, when you get back to activate it still says
> “Activate, default”
>
> However, if you flick up to delete and double tap to delete a message and
> then double tap again expecting you are going to open the next message in
> focus you are sadly mistaken. Apparently the term “default” doesn’t apply
> any more and all you just did is delete the next message. Oops, it was an
> important message you wanted to keep or reply to? Well, no problem, just
> back out of your Inbox, find your delete items, find the message and move
> it back to the Inbox, then back out of deleted items and go back to your
> Inbox. Why, thank you Apple, you just made my day, I didn’t count how many
> taps and flicks, scrub gestures and swipes this takes, but it’s of course
> ridiculous.
>
> We all know how engrained keystrokes and by now taps and swipes become
> when you get used to something, it makes no sense to make “delete” the
> default action especially if it still says “Activate” is the default. I
> also wonder what’s next, what if Apple decides this should also be so in
> the Messages app? If you accidently delete a text message with important
> [...]
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all tools
available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and 100%
personal responsibility.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at
(218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!