Thanks, Ryan, it has absolutely nothing to do with attacking anybody. People
who know me from this list also know that while I’m a Windows user, I am a very
big Apple fan when it comes to iOS devices, the Apple TV and the Apple Watch. I
am the first to point out that Apple has done great things when it comes to
making accessibility a main stream topic. That does not mean I can’t criticise
when they do something which makes no sense.
Yes, Alleha, after you mentioned it I checked and the app switcher is now back
to behaving this way. I installed iOS 11.1 last night so forgive me for not
having noticed all changes yet. In fact since we did let a few things about iOS
11.1 out of the bag, it is going to be a nice update which is going to fix a
lot of issues although I am not a braille user so I’m not sure how far they’ll
get with that. Anyhow, I don’t want this to become a discussion about 11.1
since it’s not something Cara and Mark want.
Now, what if a double tap opens apps as it does and has done ever since
Voiceover came out, but in iOS 12 Apple for some reason only they know decided
that in order to open links or activate buttons you now had to triple tap. A
double tap still opens apps, but everything else you now have to triple tap. It
would make no sense, it would be inconsistent and it would make most people mad
no end except for a few who maybe also would defend Apple, but that doesn’t
mean they are right. When it comes to deleting things whether it’s an email, a
text message, a recent call or Favourite the behaviour of the rotor should be
consistent and not one thing here and another thing there.
Anyhow, that’s the last I’ll say about it, if Apple were to take a look at
messages they get I bet 90 or 95% would agree that consistency is important
here and so let’s see how it plays out.