Hi Richard and Sandy,

I just had a look at this and this doesn't work for me, either. I had it set
to 2 lines, then I went and changed it to 5 lines and I tried what you said,
Richard, and flicked away and back to a message and I am completely keeping
my fingers off the screen for a long time and nothing happens.

OK, so now I thought of something and this does make it work. Sandy, do you
have "Speak Hints" in Voiceover settings turned off? I did have it turned
off because I don't need to hear all the hints of what I can do any more.
Anyhow, I turned it on and as soon as I did Voiceover read the preview. I
turned it off again and it went away.

I will report this as a bug because this is a mail setting and I assume a
sighted person can see whichever number of lines is specified to help
identify messages without having to open them so this should not be
dependent on having hints turned on in Voiceover. As for you Richard, could
you confirm that you have hints turned on?

Thanks,