Hello Terri,

You know, since your first post on this matter, I have given a lot of thought
to your problem.

Can you tell us by what means you are accessing Siri?  This is to say, are you
speaking directly into the phone? Or are you using a headset.  Is the phone in
a case? Or not.

If you are using a thirdparty headset or the included Apple EarPods, it's quite
possible that you have a faulty microphone.  This has happened to me at least
twice in the past 4 years.  In both instances, I went to my local Apple Store
and they swapped out the included Apple headset.  It's also possible that a
case could be blocking part or all of the microphone.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to take the phone to your local Apple Store and
have them attempt to use Siri.

If this is not an option, then consider allowing someone else to use Siri on
your phone to see how significant the difference in speech pattern may prove.

Though not commonly known, certain apps can sometimes impede Siri
functionality.  So, be certain to clear all apps from the App Switcher when
testing Siri.

I cannot recall if you have performed a completely clean OS install on your
phone to see if doing so will make a difference.

Finally, it's possible, though rare, that your device may simply be a lemon.
The only way to determine this is to take it to an Apple Store and have it
examined.

Since 2008, I have personally known one person whose device turned out to be a
lemon.  Apple simply swapped it out after they could not quite narrow down the
problem said problem having something to do with the internal microphone, if
memory serves.

Good Luck,

Mark