I've not had too much trouble with Siri for calling people in my contacts. I
use the first and last name fields. For businesses, I just put the business
name in the last name field since using the company field gets very mixed
results.
For directions, I either say "give me directions to Fred Meyer on Hawthorne" or
I will say give me directions to a specific address, like "give me directions
to 537 southeast 15th street, Portland, Oregon."

Asking more general questions gets much more mixed results.
Richard

"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." --
Jane Wagner

On Jan 17, 2018, at 4:36 PM, John Panarese