From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Eric Oyen
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 4:44 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: A bit confused with knowing rather my iPhone is unlocked

well, you can demand a copy of your contract and it's effective dates. If the
phone is paid off, then it would show up as paid (or your bill would drop). As
for unlocking, you will have to take the phone to a local store for that
carrier.

btw, you can keep your number when you switch carriers. It's called number
portability and is in the fCC regulations.

btw, if you have your current carrier automatically debiting your checking
account remove that permission before switching. I made the mistake of not
doing so and I am still fighting with t-mobile 5 years after they stole nearly
$400 out of my checking account.

-eric