Please do not wait, put aside your misgivings, doubts, fears and trepedation, otherwise, your life will be filled with regrets and you will always be thinking of how life could have been and the opportunities you may have missed. You can use Airplay from your phone to stream whichever music service you wish. It may be two years, or even longer, before there is new hardware, so, you know you want one, you know you need one, get right over to that Apple store and pick one up before it's too late!
I have one, Airplay works just fine, the sound is phenomenal!

-----Original Message----- From: M. Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:51 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: I Want to Buy a HomePod But, ...

Hello Everyone,

I was really considering buying a HOmePod.  However, as I am not subscribed
to Apple Music nor am I going to subscribe anytime soon, I was hoping that
the HomePod would have a 3.5mm jack so that I could use it with non-apple
and/or legacy hardware devices such as my iPod Nanno.  What a bummer that it
does not have such a port.

Perhaps I'll wait until the next generation model in hopes that they will
permit legacy-device attachments.

Thoughts?

Mark