Mark, I did as you suggested. I deleted the app and reinstalled it from the App
Store. After I signed into GoodReads, I went to the My Books tab and the item
counts said 1 book on my want to read and read shelves. I figured out that I
can go into the individual screens for each shelf, refresh the view with a 3
finger swipe down, and the total would be updated to show the current counts.
However, when I go back into the app the counts go back to one book each. I
guess my next step would be contacting GoodReads. I have also considered
leaving an app store review, or contacting them through Facebook. And, have
wondered if doing a hard reset to my phone would change anything. It's not a
huge deal, but I do like looking at the current totals on my various shelves.

Regards,
Wayne

Wayne Merritt
Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus