The talking atlas app was there when I looked around two weeks ago.
However, it hadn't been updated in a while and it's around $40 to get. You
need to search for it with your iPAD since it only ever appeared in the
iPAD app store. I don't need an atlas that badly at the moment.

I'm not a musician so hopefully, others can give you better council there.
It make intuitive sense to me that the added length of an iPAD in landscape
mode would make keyboard playing easier. However, for serious composing, I
have a hard time imagining my wife Sara using virtual instruments on a
touchscreen and being happy with that.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 8:28 PM Ioana Gandrabur <igandra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks so much.
> Wondering about the talking atlas app could not find it in the Canadian
> store. Is it still available? Any impressions about it?
>
> Do any of you use iPad for music input software with say a virtual
> keyboard for writing notes? I use symphony pro 5 and they also have an ipad
> app. Maybe biger screen space for virtual kb could be useful?
>
> Finally did any of you use the swift playground to learn programing?
> Supposedly it's accessible?
>
> Thanks so much for all your great feedback.
>
> Best,
>
> Ioana
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 18, 2018, at 5:19 PM, Jennie Facer <jennie.fa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have the iPad Pro 10.5 inch. I love the split view. I can have say the
> messages app on the left and Writer on the right so I can copy a message
> right into Writer without having to take a bunch of steps to get there.
> Just another’s point of view. I also love the audio but the 8+ has great
> audio also.
> >
> > Jenn
> >
> > Jenn and Kumi
> >
> >> On Mar 17, 2018, at 1:48 PM, 'RobH.' via VIPhone <
> viphone@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Bigger device tends to work with better or more powerful audio, good
> for books and music.   My device is iPad mini, big enough for
> >> me.

Michael Feir
Twitter: mfeir
Skype: michael-feir
Check out my blog at:
http://www.michaelfeir.blogspot.ca

Currently writing Personal Power: The iOS Edition
Regular presenter on Kelly And Company
Learn about iOS, audio dramas, podcasts and accessible games
Thursdays at 4:15 PM Eastern
Www.ami.ca/kellyco

Creator of Journeys of the Mind lectures
2015
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2015/01/journeys-of-mind-play-is-where.html?m=0

Volunteer at New Horizons Peel Multicultural Centre
www.peelmc.ca
2014

Disability advocate
Meadowvale Community Christian Reformed Church
www.meadowvalecrc.ca
2013--2014

Volunteer at The Dam
http://www.thedam.org
2011-2013
Author of Personal Power:
How Accessible Computers Can Enhance Personal Life For Blind People
2006-2008
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/personal-power.html

A Life of Word and Sound
2003-2007
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/life-of-word-and-sound.html

Creator and former editor of Audyssey Magazine 1996-2004