I don't think the NFB holds Apple in disdain or is motivated by whether Apple donates to the NFB or not. The NFB has passed plenty of resolutions praising Apple, and on non-iPhone mailing lists that I';m on, the NFB is considered quite pro-Apple. Apple is also not perfect, so there are areas where Apple can be legitimately criticized. My point is that Apple fan boys and Android fan boys are going to see the NFB through their own opinions.

I'm not sure how I feel about these emojis. On one hand, I applaud having some blindness related emojis. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the short canes. I also don't think people will be making cane buying decisions based on an emoji.