Hello, again list.

I am concerned about the process of upgrading my 5S to a better model.  It
is falling apart, as I have lost the physical mute switch and the touch
screen is sitting on the phone and I have to be careful not to lose it.  The
case has been gradually losing pieces.  I have had it for four years, so it
is really overdue for a replacement.

First, I am having trouble with the iOS 11 installation cycle.  It seems to
be failing due to lack of capacity, but I'm not sure if this is really the
issue.  I am concerned about updating apps to accommodate this new version,
and I vaguely recall hearing there is a way to tell which apps might have
trouble working when I go from iOS 10 to 11.

I worry about the transfer of my apps and data to a new phone, fearing I may
lose somethingin the process.   I know I can back up the phone to iCloud,
but am not sure if this is happening automaticallyofr if there is some step
I need to take to do this just before the switch.

When I get the new phone, will I need to reconnect my bluetooth devices, my
keyboard, a tile I have on my key ring, and my headphones?  Will I need to
replace these.  I also have a stand for my K-NFB reader I might need to
replace, though admittedly I haven't used it much.

I am wondering what type of new iPhone I can or should get.  I bought the 5S
through my local A. T. & T. store back in 2014.  It is fully paid off long
since through my cell phone bill with them.  I know I could have taken a
free upgrad from them at some point, but was unsure of what model I would
have gotten, and I was afraid of going through the transfer process then.
Now I have to update with the phone falling apart, and don't know what I can
get and still have the same transfer fears.

If I can't get it free, I have fears about the cost of the new phone, or how
much I can afford to allow the bill to increase to pay for it that way.  I
am in a jam with my available credit.

One other technical issue is the compatibility of my charger.   Will I have
to replace it?

One more issue is getting a protective case for the new iPhone.  The cost
cost concerns me as this may have to be a separate purchase at another time.

I would again appreciate someone helping work through this process.

Bill Outman

Email: wout...@earthlink.net