Hi John,

When a specific contact is open there are a number of buttons at the bottom of
said contact.  Among these buttons is “Block Contact” or (if the contact is
already blocked, as is the case here) there will be a “Unblock Contact”
instead.  Just double tap the “Unblock Contact” button and your friend should
then be able to call you.

If you find it difficult finding these buttons, I usually focus on the very
bottom of the specific contact screen and flick left (passing through a couple
of tabs most times) until I’m in that specific contact dialog sheet.  I
continue to flick left until I locate the “Block/Unblock” button.

An alternative method for unblocking a caller is to open
<Settings><Phone><Block List>, find the list of blocks, focus on the particular
entry and delete that entry from the block list much as you would delete any
item in an iOS list.

One point I’d like to add here; if any of you are getting unwanted telephone
calls from individuals or organizations that are not in your Contacts activate
the “More Information” button in the “Recents” tab of the phone app for that
undesired number.  You can use a “Block Caller” button in the resulting dialog.
 The only I know of to then remove such a number from the “Blocked” list is to
use the alternative method I’ve described above.

- Bill from Ino, Wisconsin
- "A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
- US Editor and Satirist, H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)