All this information about the iwatch is very interesting. I was wondering if you could use the watch if you were exercising on a stationary bike or even a regular kind of bike. Just like the swimming with exercising on a bike would it know the distance you've went and tell about your heart beat, just as it would on the display on those bikes. When I would go on the exercise bikes in the apartment building I lived in, I wished so much that there was a talking chip, where you could navigate through the menues as you could on some of the feature phones or some how that it would work with an iphone or even android which I didn't have an iphone at the time about 4 years ago. While a few of my friends assisted me in setting the time on the bike and reading the distance I went, it would have been neat to have been able to have done that myself and seen how much distance I went and so on. Probably with something like that with a display on a bike, I would be able to scan the display with the app eye-d. It would be interesting to know if any of you are using apps with bikes. thank you.
ARlene
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelly Pierce" <kellyt...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: apple watch buy or wait?

If I were a swimmer, I would do it without a doubt. Summer is coming
and the watch could count your strokes if you were to swim in open
water. I am a powerlifter and do not need a watch to tell me my blood
pressure rises when I lift heavy things or that my heart rate
increases when I do jumping lunges. Besides, I like the vintage look
of a mid-20th century blind dude with a Braille wristwatch with the
black and white dial.

Kelly