This too... We’ve donated old cellphones in the past.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Donna
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 5:29 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Disposing of my old iPhone 5S

A suggestion for those who have older phones that they want to get rid of;
contact your local Domestic Violence Shelter. Some shelters accept old phones
to give to those housed in the shelter for use in case of emergencies. My local
Domestic Violence shelter accepts old phones that is how I know. The phones
need to be functional of course.

Donna

I’ve got a 5S that I’m using for my second business line. I grabbed it off of
eBay for something like $130 at the time.

I did change the battery a few months ago since it was dropping from 90% to 20%
almost in the blink of an eye (exaggerating just a little), but the camera
doesn’t work for scanning, the volume up button is now touchy and touch ID
doesn’t want to work. But it’s still chugging along for incoming and outgoing
calls and everything else. I pay between $10 and $19 a month with my MVNO for
this line. I only have a couple of extra non-native apps on it like Pandora,
MLB @Bat, the Ultra Trainer app for workout timers, etc.

Even if I wanted to consider seling it, it would probably not be worth it.
Maybe $50 cash on Craigslist, but who wants to go through that hassle? I’ll use
this bad boy until it finally gives up the ghost or if I find its performance
with iOS 12 is too slow, then maybe just keep it for streaming music on my home
wifi and workout/food timers.