Hi Mr. Ed,

Yes it talks. There's a bunch of synchronisations between device and app which
allows for choosing measurement modes, folders or taking template sequences for
measuring, sending to dropbox in various formats, firmware updates etc. You can
either record measurements when offline, which then synchs automatically when
the app opens, or do it with the app running, both active and in the background
(meaning you can take measurements while your phone's in a pocket and it will
confirm your measurements and recordings while the phone is closed). We have
also integrated a speaker on the device for standalone voice output, though at
this moment, I'm not satisfied with the TTS as I find it too low resolution to
fit the quality of the device. There are a few more sensors inside that figures
out whether you're right or left handed, then changes the push button functions
to adapt to your style of holding the Macaron.

We are looking at 99 USD for one unit for the base version, and slightly more
for the fancier one. The only difference is materials.

As you seem to have a fair amount of knowledge and usage time with tape
measures, I'd like to speak off list to ask you some use case scenarios. My
email is anto...@oseyeris.com <mailto:anto...@oseyeris.com>

have a great day