I only use itunes file sharing to transfer very large zip files into voice
dream reader..  I’ll continue to use what I have until someone can tell me if
file sharing is still accessible in itunes 12.9.

From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:57 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: accessibility in itunes 12.9 for pc completely broken

I wouldn’t assume that it is because from what I heard it is largely
inaccessible.

I would probably recommend not to upgrade at this point if this is so important
to you.

I am on the iOS 12 public beta and not that log ago hooked up my phone to the
laptop to transfer some ringtones to it. This is pretty much the only thing I
ever use iTunes for at this point and if Apple made it possible one day to
transfer ringtones to the phone via iCloud I would probably not even put iTunes
on my computer any ore. Anyhow, what I wanted to say is that I was able to put
the ringtones on my phone running iOS 12 just fine so I don’t think you need to
upgrade to this version of iTunes if you upgrade to iOS 12. I haven’t really
checked what this upgrade is supposed to do and of course it is always possible
that the final release of iOS 12 will require this latest iTunes update, who
knows.

One thing is for sure, if at all possible you want to upgrade to iOS 12 since
it works great and especially if you have an older device you’ll notice
improvements.