those still using TouchID.

Thanks,

Anthony

On 24 September 2018 at 9:34:03 am, Maria Reyes (blindstar2...@gmail.com)
wrote:

Lol. Now I just want to go out with my iPhone X in the dark and see if Face
ID will recognize me. I haven't had Face ID fail a whole lot but when it
does it's because I don't hav it where it could recognize me.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Gordon
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 7:15 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Another Great Face ID Failure Story, I Can't Get Enough of
Them, (Smile)

This is one of the main reasons I went with the 8 instead of the newer
phones. I was almost sold on the stereo recording, but we know how that
went. So I'll be able to hang on to my finger print iPhone 8 for a couple
of years. By then maybe they will have advanced face ID since they are
forcing face ID on us.

On 9/23/2018 6:05 PM, M. Taylor wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> As you may know, I am not yet sold on the reliability of Face ID.
>
> A sighted friend of mine, a big, big big fan of Face ID is always
> telling me how much he loves Face ID and how well it works for him; to
> which I always reply, "Good for you."
>
> Well, he recently purchased the 10 S Max along with a new garage door
> opener which is supposed to be activated via Face ID, when he approaches
his home.

> Last night, he called me at approximately 11:30pm. Since it was so
> late, I feared that he had some kind of family emergency but no; he
> called complaining that he could not get into his garage using his
> iPhone because Face ID would not recognize him in the dark, in his
> motorcycle helmet as his bike approached. He said, to his dismay,
> even when he took his helmet off, the phone would not recognize him in
the dark.

> I could not stop laughing. I don't know why he called me as we have
> not spoken in quite some time but I suspect that he just wanted to
> vent to someone who would care either one way or the other.
>
> What made me laugh even harder was the fact that he had been so
> confident in Face ID on the new phone that he decided not to purchase
> a remote control for the garage door system.
>
> He was so angry at Face ID and the phone that he could not let it go.
> (smile)
>
> He sent me a text, today, telling me that he purchased a remote
> control for the opener.
>
> Just another great Face ID failure story, I can't get enough of them,
> (Big Smile).
>
> Mark

list.

you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.