From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Alan
Lemly
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2019 2:21 PM
To: VIPhone Email List <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Apple Card announcement today and thoughts of the group

I read the Apple news brief about their announced Apple Card today and am
curious what others on the list think about it. I'll say up front that my
interest in credit cards and similar financial vehicles is first their
widespread acceptance at the places I hsop and second the amount of rewards I'm
able to earn when using them. To recap the rewards paid by the new Apple Card:

1.      Items purchased directly from Apple using the card earn 3% rewards.
2.      Items purchased from other places using the card with ApplePay earn 2%
rewards.
3.      Items purchased using the physical Apple Card without ApplePay earn 1%
rewards.

I'm pretty sure I've stated the above correctly but please chime in if your
understanding is different.

I know we have members from all over the world but my experience in the USA
with ApplePay hasn't been what I'd call wide acceptance. In fact, Since
ApplePay has existed, I've only been able to use it a handful of times at
either a McDonald's or Walgreens. So while I agree that 2% rewards for use of
the Apple Card is pretty generous, I'm not convinced it will be realizable at
the places I shop unless ApplePay becomes accepted in a lot more places than it
currently is.

I'm curious what others on the list think about the Apple Card. I understand
about companies needing to expand their product offerings in order to generate
more revenue but I can't say Apple's efforts to expand into News, media
entertainment production, and financial services generates a feeling of
confidence for me.

Alan Lemly

to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com> .