It’s personal preference.  They both can setup mail sorting rules, they are
both accessible threw apple mail, gmail’s website is accessible on both Mac and
PC, although windows 10 just got an update that may work better, I don’t know
cause I use my iPadPro for everything.  The only other difference I think is
with iCloud you can create 3 additional email addresses called alias’s.  Other
than that they are pretty even.  JMO

User of just apple products, like to ask and answer without other topics?
That’s how it goes down in the “only Apple talk and support group”. Subscribe
here
only-apple-tns+subscr...@groups.io
Come talk just apple!